Friday, November 6, 2009

ASTRO's Ah Seng Part 3

Two days ago, after a long month of not having ASTRO service at home, I've decided to terminate the old ASTRO and register for a new one (I reckoned the old ASTRO set, either the decoder or the dish itself has broken and it is cost efficient to terminate the service and get a new one as it is free now with the promotion is going on rather than fixing it).

At about 5.30pm, I went to a nearby ASTRO dealership and sign up for a new subscription after terminating the current account over the phone. Bongok betul, you need to give ASTRO a month notice prior to termination. My luck did not turn up today. The ASTRO free promotion has ended on 31st October.

The dealer said 'You need to pay RM80 for everything, decoder and the dish plus installation'. My negotiation skill kicked in. I've bargained a RM30 discount as I said 'I just need the brand new set. And if installation I require any istallation, I'll give you a call and you can charge me the RM30 after you send your guys to fix it. Apa macam?'. I've struck a deal.

A day after that.
I went downstair, with the new set is still in the box, the telly is on broadcasting channel 553 National Geographic. Damn!!! The old set tetiba ok pulak. I've called for all in tapi sekarang sudah kantoi. Haihhh. Damage control is being figure out by the think tank department.



ps: always call for an all in whenever u think u are having the best card on the table =p

pss: its NM 1st birthday today.happy birthday dear northern monkey

3 comments: