Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mass Storage Drive Is Not Detected

Crap!!! That is what has appeared on the screen when earlier today, I gatal-gatal went to install new drivers into my 10-months old laptop's after a long night of downloading the updates. Pandai la konon-kononnya haihhhhh.


Why suddenly I become rajin? Well, having nothing to do (I'm off from 27th May till 8th June) and the ethernet LAN is not working properly (wireless LAN is okay), plus this Toshiba Co. Japan, being so generous (for free, this japanese manufacturer let you download the updated drivers for your particular model from their support web), I without hesitation, exercised this once-in-a-blue-moon rajin opportunity.


After updating the BIOS, the computer entered it self-boot mode. Alas, after the Windows XP start-up interface page, the MASS STORAGE DRIVE IS NOT DETECTED message came. Thinking that this problem can be troubleshoot by reformatting the windows, I quickly grab the XP dvd and boot the system. At the end of the 5th attempts that has consumed more than half an hour, I gave up. Crap!!! Nak buat macam mana ni? I checked the warranty and luckily I've bought the extended 3 years warranty.


But I have no time to send it to the store for warranty claim this weekend because I have to attend Amin's wedding reception (again I will be a bestman) in Seremban this Saturday and Sunday. And Low Yat is in the Far Far Away land. Get a new lappie? A Mac perhaps? I love to, tapi at the moment tadak budget lah.


Moral of the story : Jangan pandai-pandai sendiri bila tetiba datang mood rajin. I'm sure everybody just had their salary wired-in. Spend wisely. Retail theraphy doesn't really make any different when your football team lost their most important finals match.




ps: im using my long abandoned super-fast huge-lcd desktop at the moment

pss: Happy Birthday A!!!dah 26th kan?get you a cake tomorrow ok?

psss: longest word in dictionary is SMILE.it has a mile in it.lame

No comments:

Post a Comment