Wednesday, December 22, 2010

He was a good man

Dec 8th 2010, 2.46 AM.

As I turned on my phone, I received a text from my best mate...

Bro... Ayah aku baru meninggal. Al-fatihah

It was about 6 in the morning in the shivering Paris. I was paused. I did not know what and how to react. I felt like being pulled to the ground. To be honest, as much as I hate it, the sorrow feeling suddenly has grown to a size of Manhattan's ego.

The late father, which was last I met during my brother's wedding last July is one of a few friend's dad that I can build a long chatty conversation, effortlessly. At one point, a short chat could easily take half an hour. I still vividly remember what was the topic all about.

Throughout the years, I reckon that I had established a some sort of what I call a "special relationship" with the late father. And it is sad that I can't attend the funeral.


My deepest condolence to you and the whole family. Al-fatihah.

No comments:

Post a Comment