Friday, October 2, 2009

Jakarta

Jakarta, midday

Before my recent hari raya break, my last assignment was to Jakarta. I never been there, so my impression of it was purely influenced from what I saw on the telly. Part excited and part worried. At that time, anti-Malaysia sentiment was at its peak, heightened by the local media which wasn't helpful at all.

Jakarta, dusk

Jakarta, when it's dark

Okay. What do I think about Jakarta? Third world. Something in between KL and Bangkok. Or maybe more like Bangkok and Ho Chih Minh. Traffic overthere is massive. And I've learnt Senayan in Jakarta is a posh area. Gap between the rich and the poor is huge. Apart from the anti-Malaysia thingy, I think Indonesians, like we Malaysians are nice and of course far less kiasu than us. Almost everything is cheap. Food is nice. Disclaimer, I did not have sufficient time to explore and discover the huge Jakarta. So what I said here is what I've seen during my stay.

Warung Daun, Senayan, Jakarta
Where I iftar-ed, no photo of food as I were busy enjoying the good food, the nice patrons and being photographed thrice haha

And! Malaysian, please speak proper malay or english. Because we can't speak indon. Yang kita dok tengok kat tv tu slang orang gaji punya indon ok. Jangan memalukan diri sendiri. If not, forget the idea of chatting up the wooooo Indonesian girls. No, I wasn't talking from experience =P



ps: Selamat Hari Raya ke 13.my mate and i has made a point to wish each other everyday till the last day of this 1430's hari raya.those who wished the most wins a bragging rights

No comments:

Post a Comment