Friday, November 28, 2008

Free Lunch


"Hi... Boleh saya join you punya meja? Meja lain penuh la..."

That was the exact word what the mid 50's chinese male stranger said before he joined my table.

Last two weeks, I was having my ritual nasi ayam lunch at the usual place. It was no fancy nasi ayam place, just somewhere I love to have my nasi ayam. It was a typical hot tropical afternoon.

And of course I replied

"Oh uncle... No problem! Please please..."

5 minutes later, our nasi ayam arrived. The uncle had his nasi ayam with extra rice and mine was a normal one. I felt so weird to not talk to each other when we are sitting at the same table, eating the same meal for lunch. So I've decided to break the ice.

After a long pause...

"Banyak nasi uncle..."

The uncle replied promptly

"Biasalah...Kerja kuat"


The conversation lasted for 30 odd minutes and he end up buying me a lunch =) .The fact a stranger paid for my meal, really kicks my happy adrenaline sky high that day. Woooohuuu free lunch!

So I guess it's true, if you are nice, nice thing will happen to you. You be nice to people, and people will be nice to you. And please, do smile people.

Have a good weekend...




ps: did you realized my last post was the 1st without ps or pss or psss? =)

pss: my new SonyEricsson phone has an awsome camera

psss: we shall have some breakfast this sunday but no mcd's ok?

pssss: i want an insanely fast motorbike

No comments:

Post a Comment