Sunday, August 2, 2009

Solar eclipse

July 22th 2009

Today a friend of mine has travelled to Yangshanzen, China joining a scienctific expedition to watch the longest solar eclipse in this century. The next similar eclipse will be in 2132. Yangshanzhen Island, is located to the south of Shanghai and is on the centreline of the eclipse path that give 6 minutes of totality.

I seriously envy him.
Why? I'm not an astrology geek. But I reckon it would be something out of a norm. Some kind of experience that I've always wanted. Something that is not usual. I bet it was a great experience. The next best thing after zero gravity condition in scientific life =)




ps: we agreed on "sometimes it is just best to see things with your naked eye rather than camera, photo,internet or computer".experience mate!

pss: the team had a cool t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment